I am a PostDoctoral researcher at UiT the Arctic University of Norway, in Tromsø. I am working as part of the Distributed Arctic Observatory (DAO) project. The project consists in developing an energy efficient distributed system for the monitoring of the Arctic Tundra using Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS). I am also interested in the development of a flow-level network simulator for study CPS and distributed systems in general.
Previously, I did a PhD funded by ENS Rennes at the IRISA laboratory as a member of the Myriads project-team. I worked on the simulation of large-scale networks for performance and energy predictions of Fog infrastructures, under the supervision of Martin Quinson and Anne-Cécile Orgerie. I developed a wired network energy model and a Wi-Fi performance model for the simulation of large-scale network platforms. I worked with several network simulators such as SimGrid and ns-3 and deployed various experiments on the clusters of the Grid’5000 testbed.
Areas of Interests
- Network Simulation Packet-Level and Flow-Level.
- Energy Efficiency Network communications and algorithms optimization towards energy saving including AI/ML methods.
- Wireless Technologies Wi-Fi, LoRa, NbIoT etc.
- x86 kernels I am fascinated by Computer Architecture and Operating System development generally. I worked on a 32-bits x86 multi-tasking kernel called Bringelle and similar 64-bit kernel called Boucane. This work aims to popularize Operating System development by making it accessible to everyone. Current online resources are often non-exhaustive enough and do not approach the subject from a complete beginner perspective.
Chess I enjoy playing chess since a couple of years.
We can play together on Lichess :) or OTB!
I am working on a chess game analysis software called OChess and on various C++ chess libraries:
- pgnp an efficient PGN parser
- chessarbiter that allows to arbitrate chess game in C++
- uciadapter a cross-platform library to communicate with UCI chess engines in C++
- cgeditor A dependency-free chess game editor library written in C++
- chess-move-interface A standard chess half-move (ply) interface for C++ libraries interoperability
To discuss about OChess, an irc channel is available at irc://irc.libera.chat/ochess.
Also you can pass by my chess zone.